[squid-users] Re: Squid Problem with Kernel 2.4 !

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:17:06 +0100

Hamid Hashemi Golpayegani wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have installed squid 2.4 stable 2 and 1 on Kernel 2.4.x ( different
> 2.4 versions ) and found same problem on all of that .
> My kernel is support ReiseirFS and my Cache partion is ReiserFS and I am
> using Async-IO in squid . I am using the squid with IPCHAINS trasparent
> mode . My machine is P4 Titan 1.5 GHz machine with 512 Megabyte of RAM .

For Linux-2.4 your should use iptables, not ipchains emulation....

what does top report on the running system after it has been running
with load for some hours?

Is there any noticeable difference in top output after some additional
hours?

Or when it starts to crawl?

Also collect some data with vmstat 5 at the above times..

Squid Hacker