[squid-users] Squid performance boost.. thoughts/ideas..

From: Klavs Klavsen <ktk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:50:20 +0100

Hi guys..

I was thinking.. about tux 2.1..it's becoming quite fast.. ( if you don't know what it is.. you can read some documents under people.redhat.com/mingo/TUX-patches).

Tux adds the features to Linux, that a hardware performance optimized box such as CacheFlow has..

I was thinking that it might be possible to use the module features or the Tux system calls directly from squid..

and then let squid - use the Tux calls to send data..

or via the modules, perhaps let Tux work as a webserver, and use Squid as the user-space part..

Have you got any ideas, as how this could be done.. I think it could be a cool project to play with during the evenings.. I would like to try to work some on it.. But i'm no programming shark.. and I haven't looked at squid's or Tux's code at all.. just used them both..

You can read some stuff about the Tux-module feature in the link I gave at the beginning..

I hope my idea/thoughts are worth something.. I would very much like it, if those of you who have actually hacked on squid or know something about this could tell me wether or not it would be plausible to do this in one way or another.. and if so.. which method would you think best?

-------------| This mail has been sent to you by: |------------
Klavs Klavsen, IT-coordinator and Systems Administrator at
Metropol Online - http://www.metropol.dk

Private- Email kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

It is a myth that people resist change. People resist what other
people make them do, not what they themselves choose to do...
That's why companies that innovate successfully year after year
seek their peopl's ideas, let them initiate new projects and
encourage more experiments. -- Rosabeth Moss Kanter