Re: [squid-users] Problem with filedescriptors

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:46:42 +0100

On Thursday 15 November 2001 23.58, Brian Møller wrote:

> The server it not my problem but the test machine is. I need to raise the
> file descriptors til something higher than the standard ind Redhat 7.1. I
> have followed the guide http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/linux-lfd.html but
> still when I configure squid it tells me that I only have 256 File
> Descriptors. Why ? and how do I fix this problem ?

If configure only detects 256 filedescriptors then your development system is
most likely not fully installed or otherwise broken. Common cause is missing
the kernel headers.

See config.log for any errors..

MARA Systems AB
Giving you basic free Squid support
Priority support or Squid enhancements available on request