Re: [squid-users] httpd-accelerator

From: <Squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:22:53 +0530

Hello Affan,

Please look in to the squid.conf file for the following directives for any
changes that may have happened.You can find the squid configuration file in
the default location /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf. I am sure the
following directives you set was right. Anyhow verify this.In the
httpd_accel_host or httpd_accel_port, the IP address specified must be the IP
of your application server and port should be the your web application
server port, In case that is changed make the changes here and restart the
squid

http_port: where the squid listens for
the incoming request.
httpd_accel_host: backend server(your application
server IP address)
httpd_accel_port Port in which the application
server runs
httpd_accel_single! _host: If it act as webaccelerator for a
single host set it to on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header Let this one off.

Ex:
http_port 80
httpd_accel_host 172.16.1.115
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

And in httpd.conf,
  Assuming you've created Virtualhost , So comment the
default "DocumentRoot" in httpd.conf(apache conf file) and restart apache and verify .

Regards,
-Kanchana
squid@visolve.com
www.visolve.com