[squid-users] Re: Fwd: squid 2.3stable5 and parent ms proxy 2.0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:39:37 +0100

Make sure the MS Proxy has "Basic / Plain Text" authentication enabled.
Squid cannot log in using NTLM authentication. But if you can
successfully connect direcly to the MS Proxy using Netscape then this
likely is not the problem.

Other things you can try is writing the \ encoded as %5c, or double \\.

Another note: local servers should use always_direct, the opposite of
never_direct.