Re: [squid-users] Ramdisks

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:14:55 -0500

Hmm... what about setting cache_mem very large and
maximum_object_size == maximum_object_size_in_memory ?

With a normal cache_dir, that should hold all recent objects in memory and
automatically save them to disk in case of a shutdown. The only problems
I can see there are
1) The system may not handle a 1.5GB process particularly well
2) Disk objects are not pulled back into memory, so file which only exist
on disk would remain that way (even cached, that adds a couple ms of
latency).

        -- Brian