Re: [squid-users] Hello

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:34:10 -0800 (PST)

hi...

even then, if Yahoo accepts POP3 connections, all u need to do is specify the name of Yahoo's POP3 server in your Outlook, which I think would be the name of the Yahoo mail server that hosts your mail account.. in this case as well, u don't have to worry about Squid.. Squid will only handle HTTP protocols, not POP3... what u will need to do is setup Yahoo's POP3 mail server in your mail client, and then use your gateway's IPChains/IPtables masquerading techniques to transparently connect you to Yahoo's port 110... this will have nothing to do with your Squid process...

u may even decide to use IMAP on your mail client, as i understand Outlook supports that.. even with this route, u will simply type in the name of Yahoo's IMAP server... this will also bypass your Squid process..

i am afraid Squid will only be able to parse the HTTP protocol.. any other protocol will be treated by youe masquerading technique..

good luck..

AKNIT