Re: [squid-users] more dns problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:16:51 +0100

On Saturday 24 November 2001 15.28, Proescholdt, timo wrote:

> unfortunately i cannot move to annother version of squid,
> because of a patch i am using ( IP_AUTH hack ),
> which is for this special version only.
>
> Maybe my problem has something to do with
> this hack, but i cannot imagine this, as it has
> to do with authentification.
> ( http://sws.dett.de/squid-IP_AUTH.README.shtml ) .

Interesting hack, but very unlikely to ever make it into the standard
distributions. The problem is semi-valid (only works in some environments),
but the specific approach taken by the patch to solve the problem is not.

As you say, it should not be related to the problem seen.

MARA Systems AB
Giving you basic free Squid support
Priority support or Squid enhancements available on request