[squid-users] SQUID and SNK authentication

From: <Mauro.Del.Giudice@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:19:53 +0100

Hi all
I have configured SQUID to use a parent cache with the cache_peer
directive.
so the configuration directive is:
cache_peer <my_parent_proxy> parent 80 0 no_querylogin=<login>:<password>

I wouldn't leave the login/password written in the squid.conf file and
use the SNK protocol to perform the authentication with the parent proxy.

Is there a way to configure SQUID? I found the authenticate_program
directive, but I haven't understood if it can be used also for such
purpose. If so, could someone show me how to proceed?

Thanks in advance
Mauro