Re: [squid-users] squid does not support smp?

From: Troels Arvin <troels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:56:40 +0100

Tsao Kele <chinapop@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 4PIII linux2.16pre1 box and built the kernel with smp
> supportting. but it seems that squid use only 1 cpu.

How have you reached your conclusion?

As far as I know, Squid is perfectly capable of using more than one CPU
- especially when using async IO.

A lot of Squid's work involves disk/NIC IO and memory access, and not so
much computations. So going from one CPU to more may not make much of a
difference with Squid.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark
System administrator at TV 2/interaktiv