Re: [squid-users] Interception Caching/Proxying (aka transparent proxy)

From: Deb Heller-Evans <deb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:52:03 -0800 (PST)

Meanwhile, Klavs Klavsen says:

| what about WCCP - it's in Cisco's routers too.. and as I understand it, it
| only forwards packages destined for an internal (or external depending on
| how you define it), if the cache-server is up.. that should give you
| redundancy too..
|
| just an idea.. haven't tried that out myself..

Danke for you quick reply; that's one way, but I am also interested in
learning more about the "route maps" feature, and Destination Address
Rotary Translation, if anyone on the list has used it.

I'll have to go back through the squid listmail to bone up on WCCP -
for all I know it could be a better solution. I didn't really pay
close attention when there was a lot of discussion going on about it a
couple (?) weeks ago. Oh, and I do have a load balancing solution
right now, but am anxious to hear about others as well.

deb