Re: [squid-users] v2.5lastest compile breaks with-ssl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:12:20 +0100

mohren wrote:

> I tried in vain to compile the latest v2.5tar-ball *1128*.
> gcc 2.95.2 -> include errors (md5.h) & struct-errors with
> ssl enabled&openssl.

Hmm.. exacly what were your configure options?

Where is your OpenSSL headers and libraries installed?

> quest: which version of openssl should work?

Mostly any somewhat recent version I think. But it is always best to
stay reasonably current as the last OpenSSL releases has been mostly
security related...

> quest2: is user-auth ssl-protected now (Henrik?)?

Only on SSL "accelerated" request.

The SSL support is not something you can use in a normal proxy. It is
only of use in "accelerators" acting as frontends to specific web sites.

Squid Hacker