[squid-users] Re: Proxying my Squid.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:22:36 +0100

Not easily. Technically all those users look like they come from the
same IP address. Much like the same as if that IP was a multi-user
server (i.e. UNIX or Terminal Server).

This is very hard to detect unless you are using authentication. Even if
you are using authentication Squid has no built-in controls you can use
to detect such use (only the inverse, one login shared by multiple IP
addresses/users).

Best way to stop thing like this is a compulsory policy of use, and
reprimands on detected abuse.

Squid Hacker