Re: [squid-users] radius/squid help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:12:13 +0100

Geetha Manjunath wrote:

> > So, how do I configure my squid server to point to a radius server?
> > I already have the /etc/raddb/server file setup to point to my
> > radius server and I have /etc/squid/squid.conf setup to use the
> > pam_auth program for authentication. But, it doesn't work, of
> > course.
>
> You could use the squid_rad_auth program instead and modify
> squid_rad_auth.conf to point to your radius server. Do not forget to apply
> the patch for an i368 machine..
> I haven't tried pam_auth

pam_auth also works, but is significantly more comples to configure
unless you have already done all the PAM configuration for the
authorization service selected. pam_auth won't magically use radius, you
also have to tell PAM to use radius for Squid, and have the (PAM) radius
client configured correctly..

If there is a specific auth helper I'd generally recommend to try that
before pam_auth, unless if you have a good knowledge of how to configure
PAM, for example if already done so for other services and want to use
the same configuration for Squid.

Squid Hacker, and author of pam_auth