[squid-users] cache log messages

From: <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:43:12 -0500

Hi All,

I have a remote proxy that goes thru a parent
proxy. The remote users could not use Internet.
I checked remote system and all squid processes
were running. Again, users could not use
Internet. I checked the remote squid's cache.log
and there were no errors. So, I stopped and
restarted squid. Users could then use Internet.

Since there were no errors found for remote
squid, I checked the cache.log for parent proxy.
I repeatedly see the following:

comm_accept: FD 6: (233) No buffer space
available.
http_Accept: FD 6: accept failure: (233) No
buffer space available.

Could these error messages on the parent proxy
caused the remote squid to be unable to process
requests? What do the above error messages mean?
What should I do to resolve above messages?

Thank you in advance,

-Pat