[squid-users] Problem with IE and Friendly Error Messages

From: Greg Breland <gregory@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:25:55 -0600 (CST)

I have setup my Squid proxy to return custom error pages using the
deny_info derictive, like so:

acl test dstdom_regex -i happy
http_access deny test
deny_info ERR_TEST test

This works like it should if I am using Netscape or IE with "Show Friendly
HTTP Errors" turned off. What I want is a way to show these pages even
when the "Show Friendly HTTP Errors" is turned on. Seems Squid returns a
Error 403 along with the page. Not returning this error for custom error
pages should do the trick, but after searching the FAQ and the Archives, I
can not find out how to do this.

I assume using a redirector would work, but it seems very complex for
something very simple.

Thanks,

Greg Breland