[squid-users] https problem

From: John Kim <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:46:36 -0800

Hi all, I have a little problem. I'm not too familiar with this subject so please bare with me. I'm also running Squid in transparent mode using Cisco router to redirect.

Problem is....when https linked off of a http site such as login screens I get, "The page cannot be displayed" error from IE. Same thing happens on Netscape also. Now, when I make a direct request such as by typing in https://url.com it works fine. It seems to only happen when its relayed to https. One interesting phenomenon I should note is that...after I get the "The page cannot..." error from either IE or Netscape I wait about couple of minutes and hit the back button, which is basically returing to http://url.com which then gets forward it to https://url.com again, then it works. Hope this is clear. Any input, hint, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Kim