Re: [squid-users] 2.5 - stable?

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:39:13 +0000 (UTC)

In article <3C08F674.9E0AD5AB@squid-cache.org>,
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
>> Yes but I have trouble subscribing to the squid mailinglists. The
>> ezmlm list that is used for the squid lists uses the envelope-from
>> address as address to use for subscribe requests - not only that
>> but the lists are closed and allow only submissions from that
>> envelope-from address. Frankly, that is broken behaviour.
>
>The list is not closed, it is moderated. If you receive a message on the
>contrary then there is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Okay, I just assumed it was closed because this list (squid-users) is.
I can't post from alternative addresses, it must be the one subscribed
and the envelope-from address must match.

>> My envelope-from address is different from my From: address
>> and the envelope-from address changes with which machine I use to
>> send mail.
>
>Why is that? Does not sound like "the right thing"...

That's because we have machines in cistron.nl, cistron-office.nl and
cistron.net. I want to use miquels@cistron.nl in the From: header but
the envelope-from address is usually in cistron-office.nl or cistron.net.
It's just the way mutt/pine combined with sendmail/exim work

Mike.

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.