Re: [squid-users] Squid httpd_accel to Exchange 2000 WebMail

From: Henk-Jan Kloosterman <proxy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 07:00:21 +0100

> On Tuesday 04 December 2001 19.39, Jim Williams wrote:
> > 1. Browser accesses proxy.somedomain.com/Exchange which resolves through
> > DNS to point to Squid server.
> >
> > 2. Squid looks up this hostname in /etc/hosts and redirects access to
> > FW, still using the proxy.somedomain.com hostname in headers.
>
> Would most likely work.
>
> Another alternative is to make the FW IP as a cache_peer for these
requests.

I also use the 2nd option.
Somtimes I use another: I run a DNS server (caching) on the proxy server,
that looks to an "internet DNS.
Only for "intranet.net" domain it looks to the intranet DNS.
These 2 options are the most simple. You do not need 2.5 for these options
you can do it with older versions.