Re: Re[2]: [squid-users] debug info

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:39:24 +0100

On Monday 10 December 2001 12.02, Shilov Ilya wrote:

> HN> miss_access is not a knob one normally uses for controlling access to
> HN> the proxy, thats the job of http_access.
> Thanks for suggestion.
> But may be a query is already cached, why we should deny http_access?

Because http_access is the directive intended for being used to control who
may access your cache. miss_access is only intended to be used to control
your peer relations, not the bulk of your clients access.

If you restrict your miss_access rules to only use "src" type ACL's then you
will have no problem, and is how miss_access is intended to be used. If you
use "dst" or other more advanced ACL's then you will get into trouble from
time to time (but not always).