[squid-users] Squid user access / authentication problem

From: <FLORIAN.LEIBENZEDER@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:26:52 +0100

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help me with the following problem.
We are using squid with user authentication to allow our users to surf the
web. As the traffic is accounted on a per user base we are looking for a way
to make sure that no two users can use the proxy with the same userid at the
same time form different locations. At the same time means, that if a user
connects from one IP and a second user (with the same userid)connects a few
minutes later from another IP this second user should be denied access. A
possibility would be to cache a timestamp with each request and if a request
with the same userid is made from a different IP shortly after the first
request: block it. If no further request is made, release the "lock" after 5
minutes or so.
Does anybody know of an existing solution / plugin, etc. for squid?

Thanks for any help

Florian Leibenzeder