Re: [squid-users] helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:02:22 +0100

I repeat what I said before

The binary package you have installed is not for the version of the OS
you have installed. For help with the binary package, contact the
maintainer of the distribution you have installed.

Recommended action: Install Squid from source rather than the odd binary
package you have found. This way you most likely also get a more up to
date version with many bugs fixed compared to the (non-working) binary
package.

Requirements for installing Squid from source: A working C compiler, awk
and perl.

MARA Systems AB