[squid-users] squid will not refer index.html

From: Richard Conway <Richard.Conway@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:49:24 -0000

I have a problem that if I access a URL which is a directory then the
index.html page is not served as it should.

Let me explain...

I'm running a Tomcat 4 webserver on my machine. If I access it directly (not
via squid) using http://myhost/ then I get the Tomcat welcome page which is
actually http://myhost/index.html - some sort of referral has gone on here.
I'm also running squid on my machine; if I direct the above request
(http://myhost) through squid then I get no response. However if a
explicitly type the full URL (http://myhost/index.html), directed through
squid, then the page is returned fine.

Is there a squid configuration option which affects how these referrals are
handled ?

For the record. I'm using NT4, Tomcat 4.0.1, squid v2.4 STABLE1 running in
cygwin.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Richard.