[squid-users] to turn off IE cache?

From: Takacs Istvan <istvan.takacs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:39:42 +0100

Hi

I have some problems with IE and squid.

We develop a web site with PHP and
when I try to open our web pages via squid,
IE always use its own cache. I tried to turn
off caching in the IE settings but it didn't help.
We tried to use 'no-cache' pragma
in the header, but it doesn't work...

Our page has many FORMs and tables,
and when IE should show the different
pages, it just opens the expired one from
its cache.
I found something in the squid mailing list archive:

" * IE browsers not able to force a reload of the cache content since IE
does not expect a cache to be in the seemingly direct TCP/IP path, and
thus does not include the request information to tell a cache to reload
it's contents."

So, we should force somehow the idiot IE to reload
the page from the server, not from its cache, but I don't
know how...

Netscape works fine.

Thanks in advance!

Regards