Re: [squid-users] Denied sites x Dynamic pages

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:36:22 +0200

"url_regex ig" will match any URL having the letter i followed by a g
anywhere, and I mean anywhere.

fefi@ig.com.br wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Thanks Henrik for your patience.... I wondered the same thing about the
> regex patterns in my denied.txt file. So, I deleted everything in it and
> left only one word which was "ig" (without quotation marks). Then I tried
> to access www.ig.com.br and received an Access Denied msg. Perfect!
> However, I received the same error msg when accessing
> www.squid-cache.org...... I am really confused about it...... the only
> thing I can noticed is that the unintended blocked pages are mostly asp or
> cgi-bin.....
>
> Can be something wrong with regex?? Where can I find more details about it?

Read the notes and references I gave in my last message. Squid uses what is
referred to as "Modern" or "Extended" regex, and the GNU regex library
(shipped with Squid) has a number of additional extensions.

Or or buy the "Mastering Regular Expressions" book from O'Reilly if you
prefer a more in-depth study of the regex language and some of it's uses (366
pages).

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized