[squid-users] ftp through squid doesn't work

From: Marco Antonio Vieira Assad <marcova@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 14:57:03 -0300 (BRT)

Hi all,

  Here we have squid 2.2.5 running on linux debian
2.2r5, and it's behind an ipchains firewall. This proxy
serves our internal network, and works perfectly with
http, but not with ftp.

  If I logon to the machine that's running squid and
run ftp (command line) connecting to a server in the
external world, it works perfectly I use passive mode,
but not with 'normal' mode. Maybe my squid is trying to
connect without passive mode? In squid.conf I
put 'ftp_passive on', but it didn't help.

  Any help?

Thanks in advance.