[squid-users] Ident lookups and transparent proxy

From: Paul McCormack <mccormp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:33 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

I am using squid as a transparent proxy and accelerator. After reading all
the FAQ's etc I still cannot get ident lookups to work for squid. I wanted
to use squidguard which I have working for blacklists etc.

I am using Suse 7.3 and Squid 2.3 stable 2(from memory) but as I
understand it that should work. I have the firewall setup to redirect to
3128.

My question is will ident lookups work with a transparent proxy and if not
what is the recommended way of implementing auth to work with squidguard.

Paul