[squid-users] redirect_allow does not work...?

From: Beukers, W.J. <WBeukers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:30:05 +0200

If anyone could help me with this ?

I have a WWW server on my local LAN. Instead of people excluding the URL of
that local server in their browsers, I want SQUID to understand that it must
not go onto the internet for that URL but directly back onto the LAN

So, I read the redirect_allow stuff, tried it, but squid keeps telling me it
cannot resolve the URL.

When I ping to that URL (on the squid server) I get my ip-address back, it
uses my own DNS server on the LAN for that (accoording to nslookup anyways)

In squid.conf I placed the following lines :

acl localservers dstdomain <www.myservername.com>
always_direct allow localservers

I use /etc/resolv.conf for resolving IP adresses, the first DNS server there
is my own DNS server who knows the IP address of that server.

What am i missing here as i keep getting a Name Error : The domain name does
not exist from Squid... ????
(Squid 2.3 STABLE 4)

regards
Wiljoh