Re: [squid-users] 0 response code?

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:57:45 +0200

A 0 status code is seen if the request was terminated before Squid has
received the HTTP reply status line, or if the HTTP reply headers are
malformed preventing Squid from parsing the reply correctly.

steve small wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody seen periods with a significant number of 0 (vs 200, 404, etc)
> HTTP response codes in the Squid access log? My understanding is that what
> generally causes this is that a client (typically a browser) has broken a
> connection, and that more of these happen when something is causing Squid
> response time to slow down, causing clients to get impatient and hit 'stop'
> or 'reload' in their browsers.
>
> Is it correct that this situation will generally be caused by something
> outside of squid--i.e, in accel mode, a source server or connection to that
> server has bogged down? Or, is there a known failure mode in Squid that
> can cause this behavior?
>
> This is 2.4STABLE1 running in http_accel mode by the way.
>
> Thanks in advance yet again!

Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized
Squid solutions. http://www.marasystems.com/products/