RE: [squid-users] 110 Timeouts

From: Damian-Grint, Philip <pdamian-grint@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:44:40 +0100

I have checked the offending packets inside and outside the firewall, and
there has been no modification enroute... it looks likely that it must be
happening outside our network... however, before I can report anything, I
suppose I need to understand how the timestamp options work so I can check
for obvious protocol/field formatting errors...

> Is any of these firewalls doing NAT or anything else fancy?

Not with this particular host... it has a public IP address bound to the
ethernet card and a clean route out.

> 7.2 appears defaults to have ECN off, at least in the
> installations I have
> done.

I thought I read that, but possibly it was just that ecn is compiled into
the default RH7.2 kernel... I remember not being able to find it in the
standard RH7.1 dist.

> Please don't post packet dumps unless asked for..

my apologies

Regards

Phil DG

http://www.star.net.uk