Re: [squid-users] Direct versus Connect 2.5pre7

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:22:51 +0200

Madhav Diwan wrote:

> Could someone please explain the difference between the Direct and
> Connect options and how and when they are used?

What options? Where?

There is no "Direct" or "Connect" options in Squid.

> I would also like to
> know what effect these options have on redirection responses from a
> server behind a transparent proxy.

I assume we are talking a reverse proxy here?

Squid by default has no means of altering redirects sent by servers.

> i get the initial password but then the url is rewritten by the server
> to http://www.mysquid.com/exchange , and i need to sign in again : since
> i have squid listening on both port 80 and port 443 this does not pose a
> problem ... the session takes place on http instead of https. But I want
> to continue using https....

This can be one of two things

 a) A redirect sent by the server (log_mime_hdrs will tell you)

 b) A absolute URL encoded into the HTML form