Re: [squid-users] New Windows Update

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:44:12 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Saturday 15 June 2002 00:32, Joe Cooper wrote:
>

>>extension_methods SEARCH SUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE POLL BCOPY
>>BPROPPATCH GNUTELLA
>>
>>Some of those are probably already in 2.5. All of them probably
>>should be.
>

> Of those the following are in 2.5:
> SEARCH
> BPROPPATCH
>
> But the following is not
> BCOPY
> SUBSCRIBE
> UNSUBSCRIBE
> POLL
> GNUTELLA
>
> I don't think GNUTELLA should be in the default set, but other
> opinions are welcome.. I have almost given up in considering HTTP as
> HTTP.

I agree. I'm not sure why someone came up with a "GNUTELLA" method. It
is possible to run gnutella over HTTP for downloads (but not for
sharing--kind of killing the peer-to-peer aspect), but I don't
understand why they needed a new method for what could obviously be
accomplished with a simple GET (at least I think it is obvious, anyway,
I am by no means an expert on the protocol or the gnutella over HTTP
stuff). But, we see it on most of our boxes every once in a while, so I
  added it to the extension methods that we ship with.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.