Re: [squid-users] Problems with Transparent Proxy and Webmail and sending data

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:42:09 -0500

If your ISP would like to go back to WCCP redirection, they can try
dropping the MTU of the real interface on the Squid machine to 1476.

In some routing/firewall environments, the path MTU can be broken by
WCCP. Only large outgoing traffic will trigger it, usually, though so
it looks like a problem that only impacts webmail servers.

This may not be the culprit here, but I've seen it more than once, so
thought it worth mentioning.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.