Re: [squid-users] ncsa auth cached passwd probs/

From: Wei Keong <chooweikeong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:25:43 +0800

> My problem is that the first time i put in a username and passwd, squid
lets me in, thereafter it doesnt seem to prompt me any further for a passwd
despite having set the timeout. I really dont know whats happening here.

You did not see the prompt because the browser has cached the username &
password. In fact, the browser will include the authentication info in every
subsequent request header. As long as the browser is still running, you will
not be prompted.

Rgds,
Wei Keong