Re: [squid-users] Help in SQUID

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:28:17 +0200

You haven't confiured the required access controls in squid.conf,
controlling who may use the proxy.

Squid cannot guess which computers it should allow proxying for, and
having it default to allow all would be terribly insecure and
irresponsible.

The fact that you can use it from localhost is an RedHat extension.
The default Squid configuration as shipped in the tarballs from
squid-cache.org does not allow anyone to use the proxy, not even
localhost.

See your squid.conf file, most likely in /etc/squid/