Re: Re[2]: [squid-users] Https proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:29:23 +0200

Ah, that.

Yes, Squid support tunnelling of SSL via the proxy by using the CONNECT
method, often misnamed as "HTTPS Proxying". For obvious security reasons this
is by default limited to the known SSL ports. See squid.conf.

Squid is NOT a SOCKS proxy. For SOCKS support you would want to install a
SOCKS proxy. There is several good ones on the net, the most commonly
referred one in the OpenSource world is perhaps Dante.