RE: [squid-users] Firewall problems

From: De Leeuw Guy <G.De_Leeuw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:13:47 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I don't know much about iptables... i am an ipchains user.
> From what i can
> tell from you iptables rule
> > iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -dport http -j
> > REDIRECT --to-port 3128
>
> You are only redirecting requests destined for port 80 (http)
> however you
> are not redirecting requests destined for port 8080
>
> > TCP connection to proxy.skynet.be/8080 failed
>
> that could be your problem

Its not the probleme, because I redirect only the clients requests from our
private network.
The configuration of our IE our NS clients is make "without proxy
configuration".

I thing that the problem come from the private address of the public
interface (10.10.10.2).
before I use a public IP adress like 195.0.50.33.

Thanks

Guy