Re: [squid-users] Accessing hotmail.com or. Zero Sized Reply problem

From: Marko Sepic <marko.sepic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:42:58 +0200

>Only one problem came up in our configuration to permit
>hotmail, and that was allowing underscores in URLs with

But does this give you zero sized reply or some other error.

        Chris Kleinschmidt <christopherk@optusnet.com.au>
        28.08.2002 11:34

                 To: Marko Sepic <marko.sepic@lek.si>
                 cc: squid-users@squid-cache.org
                 Subject: Re: [squid-users] Accessing hotmail.com or. Zero Sized Reply
problem

the compile/configure option for same. Squid needs to
be compiled to include this or a number of sites (which
break standards by using underscores in URLs) cannot
be accessed.

The required SSL settings were already in the default
Squid configuration, so SSL requirements were already
met.

The Microsoft site MAY be a different issue...

Chris K.
SysAdmin
North Rockhampton High School

Marko Sepic wrote:

> Hi squid users and developers
> This is my first post to the list. I'm system programmer in company with
> about 3k employees. I have persuaded our management to use Squid/Linux
> combination for
> proxy/cache.
>
> But now I have run into the problem that I can not solve. My users cannot
> access http://www.hotmail.com/, or. run searches on
> http://premier.microsoft.com/ when using Squid for proxy. actually I can
> login to the hotmail site and I do get first page from site
> but when I click on the Inbox all I can see is:
>

> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved

> ----
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://lw3fd.law3.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/HoTMaiL?
> The following error was encountered:
> Zero Sized Reply
> Squid did not receive any data for this request.
> Your cache administrator is cpu@lek.si.
> ----
> Generated Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:15:56 GMT by proxy2.lek.si
> (Squid/2.4.STABLE7)
>
> This error is repeatable on every access to the site.
>

> I run Squid/2.4.STABLE7 on Redhat 7.2 system.
> I have read the FAQ and I tried what is written there with no success.
> I did searches on the subject on google and tried some stuff that I have
> found there, again with no success.
> I have read archives on the squid-users group again with no success.
> I have tried squid-2.5.PRE11 again with no success.
>
> I am pretty much stuck here. Please help.
>
> Best regard, Marko
To elektronsko sporocilo in vse morebitne priloge so zaupne narave
in namenjene izkljucno naslovniku. V primeru, da ste sporocilo
prejeli po pomoti, vas prosimo, da obvestite posiljatelja, sporocilo
pa takoj unicite.
Hkrati je ta noga sporocila potrdilo, da je bilo sporocilo pregledano
s programom za odkrivanje racunalniskih virusov z uporabo
najnovejsih protivirusnih vzorcev.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please notify the sender and delete it immediately.
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message and
its attached file(s) have been swept for your security by our
antivirus software using the latest virus signatures.