Re: [squid-users] Squid Pre 2.5 and external ACLs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:07:32 +0200

Yes, the different group objects have a member attribute, and they do have
other attributes identifying the group. So you can search on the combination
of the two.

  a) The attribute that identifies the group must match the group name Squid
is asking for
  b) The member attribute must somehow match the login name.

If the login name is not part of the member attribute then you are stuck and
the helper needs to be extended as appropriate to translate the login name to
a DN before the group membership lookup.

Another model of group constructs in LDAP is to create a subtree with
referrals to the persons. Sort of the same as an OU, except that it does not
by itself contain any data, only referrals to other LDAP locations. From what
I can tell the group helper should work just fine with this but I have not
tested it with such LDAP directory.