Re: [squid-users] Blocking URL`s - acess denied page

From: Fathi Ben Nasr <fathi.engineer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed Sep 4 04:24:53 2002

If using some acls like:
acl not_porn url_regex "/etc/squid/notporn.txt"
acl porn url_regex "/etc/squid/porn.txt"
acl bad_expressions url_regex "/etc/squid/bad_expressions"
acl false_bads url_regex "/etc/squid/false_bad"
acl bad_domains url_regex "/etc/squid/bad_domains"
acl bad_urls url_regex "/etc/squid/bad_urls"

You could use your own pages to inform users why access have been denied by
adding some line like:
deny_info ERR_PORN porn
deny_info ERR_BAD_EXPRESSIONS bad_expressions
deny_info ERR_BAD_DOMAINS bad_domains
deny_info ERR_BAD_URLS bad_urls
deny_info ERR_WAIT horaire_travail
deny_info ERR_WAIT horaire_fin_semaine
deny_info ERR_NO_DNS MyDomain

where ERR_* are ordinary html pages (I used netscape composer to generate
them
as most users will use netscape navigator to see them) put in
/etc/squid/errors/
directory (redhat).
You could also add some variables to your error pages as these will be
parsed by
squid before being sent to the client replacing i.e. %U with the requested
url,
%h with the server hostname,...

Fathi Ben Nasr

stuart.lamble@batepro.co.za a écrit :

> Hi SUG
>
> Thanks to the group for helping me deny specified URL`s - works well.
> One question
>
> A page pops up that says accesss denied - what is the name of this html
doc,
> I want to put my own abuse policy on this page
>
> Thanks
>
> Stuart

(See attached file: smime.p7s)