Re: [squid-users] Usernames and statistics

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:19:45 +0200

Most proxy statistics programs has decent user based statistics. Look
around a little until you find one that have the exact output you
need. <URL:http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/>

You can also easily make per-user statistics by splitting the log on
username and then process the log for each user individually. The
following minimal shell script splits a Squid access log on the user
column, creating one log file per user:

#!/bin/sh
awk '{ print >> FILENAME "-" $8 }' "$@"