[squid-users] winbindd and wb_group

From: Billy Macdonald <whmac33@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I compiled squid 2.5.P12 with the following:

./configure --enable-delay-pool --enable-snmp --enable-underscores
--enable-auth=ntlm,basic --enable-basic-auth-helpers=winbind
--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=winbind --enable-external-acl-helpers=winbind_group

and samba 2.2.5 with the smbpasswd diff patch and the following:

./configure --with-winbind --with-winbind-auth-challenge

I have basic & ntlm user authentication in squid working but I can't quite
figure out how to get winbind_group external acls working.

I am also unable to get wbinfo -n "DOMAIN\user" to work where domain is a
trusted domain. It works fine if DOMAIN is the domain winbindd is joined to.

wbinfo -t says the secret is good and wbinfo -m shows my trusted domain.
wbinfo -a will authenticate to the trusted and the joined domain.

Any advice on geting external_acl for winbind_group to work with all domains?

Thanks,
Billy

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute