Re: [squid-users] Filedescriptors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:36:18 +0200

Dave Raven wrote:
> Hey again all,
> More problems, I'm all out of filedescritors...
> This is because squid will only use 4780.

Odd number.. probably an upper limit enforced by your kernel.

Check your kernel imposed filedescriptor limits, then rebuild Squid.

But on the other hand, 4780 is quite many.. have not seen many Squids who
really need this many filedescriptors. It is possible your main problem is
elsewhere and the filedescriptor shortage is only a symptom, not the cause.