Re: [squid-users] Corruption of downloads

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:15:06 +0930

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 04:03:47PM +0200, Rost, Werner wrote:

> What I wanted to tell you:
>
> Download with w g e t works fine.

Yes, I did note that but you probably understand that this does not
help much in a user community that can barely handle using a web
browser as their download tool. What I really wanted to make clear
was that the bug I was observing did not seem to be bound to a
particular browser version.

Now that I read your message again, I wonder if you were actually
seeing the same problem that Markus and myself have seen. In our
cases the file has the correct byte size at the end of the download,
to all outward appearances the file is fine - it is just that the file
contents have been mangled. Using wget and seeing if the same thing
happened would be an interesting experiment...

--
Brett Lymn