[squid-users] cache retrieve

From: <pparas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:51:23 +0545

hi all

we have only 128Kbps link here in my company having more that 100 users.among
them around 20 users use internet at peak times. now the problem is when say
user x surfs http://www.testdomain.com it is cached in the proxy with no problem
now when user y goes into same domain the cached pages don't seems to come too
fast and sometimes i feel that my users are not going thro proxy because of the
slowness. now how can i improve my performance to my users that they are very
happy with proxy. offline proxy?? or any others??. i am under RHL 7.1 with squid
bundled in it with 866 MHZ PIII procosser and 256 MB of RAM with 7200 RPM HDD.

Thanks in advance.
Paras.

http://jawmail.sourceforge.net