Re: [squid-users] 3rd try: opposite direction of redirect -- filter pointer?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 01 Oct 2002 08:17:39 +1000

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 08:06, Linda wrote:
> <squid-email-list manager seems to not like my windows based client. Sigh.
> Don't blame it really, but it it is a bit obtuse on its "reasoning". ;-/>
>
> I want to implement a filter on incoming HTTP requests on the squid-host before
> it goes to the client. I actually want both directions, but outgoing requests
> seem to be handled by the built-in 'redirect' feature (?).
>
> I'm probably just not seeing it, but how do I do the equivalent of redirect but
> on
> an incoming http stream?
>
> Doc pointer or example?

I think you've not had an answer, because in HTTP your request does not
make sense.

HTTP responses have the address they come from as a read only property -
you can't redirect them. Redirection only applies as a response in it's
own right, or as rewriting, where squid gets the new response itself.

Perhaps you can describe what you want to accomplish a bit more.

Rob