Re: [squid-users] squid and ntlm-like authentication in anative AD domain ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:26:37 +0100

This is even documented as a fact in the SPNEGO over HTTP Internet-Draft
published by Microsoft.

I talked with the I-D author about this and the reason why was not
because it is technically not possible as the exact same scheme in
theory works just fine for proxy authentication, but because it is not
implemented in Windows 2000 and the document describes their
implementation as of Windows 2000.

Can only speculate as to why they have not implemented support in later
versions. Seems like a rather trivial thing to do but maybe there is
something preventing SPNEGO from being used in MS-Proxy/ISA...