Re: [squid-users] Authentication FAQ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:34:31 +0100

Very good idea indeed.

You are most welcome to try to collect the information for such FAQ
entry.

Relevant items you might want to cover:

The different authentication schemes, and how they compare

 basic auth

 ntlm auth

 digest auth

 ident (ident is not really an auth scheme, but it fits quite nicely
in the picture)

The different authentication helpers, and how to select which one to
use

  basic auth
     NCSA
     LDAP
     radius
     winbind
     PAM

  ntlm auth
     SMB
     winbind

  digest auth
     password

Group integration via external acl and it's different group helpers
(note: not all external_acl helpers are group helpers, the same
mechanism may be used for many things)

If you have any specific questions just ask and I will try to provide
accurate information, usually within a day.