[squid-users] Prevent chaching of certain documents

From: <news@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:37:24 +0100

Hi,

Problem:
I have a web page which contains a link to a word document. If the
document is updated and the link is revisited, then in the squid cache,
there is still the old document. My question now is, if it is possible
to configure squid, not to log certain document types, i.e. based on
file ending. Or could I instruct the web server (i.e. apache) on which
the file is located to tell the proxy not to cache the file? A no-cache
in the html page which contains the link does not work. Also, a change
of the files timestamp (when it is changed) has no effect.
I did not really find an answer to this in the archive, so any help is
appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Marc