[squid-users] username on access denied error page

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:32:30 +0100

 H.N. wants to say that you need a programmer who implements this feature
as
 it is not possible to do this with the current squid as it is and there are
 no plans to implement such a feature. You cannot expect that the developers
 of this beautiful masterpiece will fulfil each and every whish of the
 community, and all this for no cost ! They will generally implement what
 they think is important for the community and drop issues that are
requested
 by a few users unly or that have unforeseeable consequences for other
users.
 I myself had a similar question some time ago; I am now in the process of
 discussing with my customer if we look for somebody who solves our problem
 or if we circumvent it altogether (RE: NTLM auth in AD environment). HN et
 al, I hope I put it right; I wanted to help you in preventing endless
 questions and conversations which you have to answer again and again.

 BTW Ivan, would it not be enough to show the name of the client _machine_
 on the error page ? This might be achievable.

 Yours,
 Jakob Curdes